Technology Domain Awareness
Technology Domain Awareness (TDA) fosters the effective understanding of the technology landscape as it relates to current and future defense capability needs. TDA is focused on the development of a knowledge community to enhance the ability of DoD to mine and enlist innovative solutions in an agile form by:
- Collaborating on solving warfighter-centric challenges through enhanced problem comprehension; agile prototyping and experimentation; rapid acquisition; and active learning.
- Engaging the broader technology markets to offset costs and innovate ahead of the threat.
- Identifying and harnessing synergistic efficiencies within DOD/USG to develop joint capabilities and build on shared experiences and lessons learned.
- Design collaborative platforms for addressing multi-stakeholder challenges through transactional knowledge activities;
- Enable community-based innovation within the broader technology marketplace to interact with Defense challenges;
- Increase the proximity between the warfighter and technologists through expeditionary activities (including user-centered design, rapid prototyping and field experimentation);
- Support TDA knowledge development, assessment, discovery, and dissemination.
- Knowledge and Community Management;
- Connected Analytics;
- Market Research;
- Policy Analysis;
- Technology prospecting and red-teaming;
- Prototyping and experimentation;
- Scientific and Technical documentation and visualization.
Defense Industrial Base
U.S. Commercial Technology Market
Global Commercial Technology Market